It's been a few weeks, and I am still thinking about a kind gesture.  A friend had been poking through an estate sale and found this, a promotional key chain advertising my father's business, circa 1976. She mailed it to me, and when it fell from the envelope into my lap, I was surprised at the aspects I noticed.

In addition to learning that Ritepoint was a US-based company, I also remembered the difficulty of breaking apart the keychain's two pieces.  I was maybe 3 or 4 years old, and I lacked the finger power to press the pieces apart. I'd picked one from the box on the shop countertop, and the pieces were too stiff for my tiny hands.

I remember feeling very frustrated.

Now, I can easily detach the pieces, and as I fiddled with the two sections in my living room, snapping them together and pulling them apart, it seemed very strange to suddenly have a clear memory where moments before, there was none.  But, there it was. I recalled the shop's interior--the smell of oil and the clutter of small engine parts.  I remembered balancing on my knees atop a stool, and I remembered reaching for the keychains in the box.   Someone, likely my mother or father, showed me how the key chain worked, but despite my best efforts, I recall the tears at not being able to do it myself.

There's a lesson here.  Several, actually.

1) A random kindness can significantly alter a person's perspective.
2) Memory is a spongy, flexible thing.
3) Frustration has a way of resolving itself with time.

Challenge:  Think of something unexpected and kind to do for someone.  Do it.  See what happens.

Comments

11/05/2014 01:29

Armstrong Wires Engineers Pvt. Ltd. is a leading manufacturing company located in Gurgaon, Uttarakhand and Hyderbad.

11/07/2014 03:33

If you are fond of road adventures, these two cities make for perfect getaways. Chandigarh lies only 256.7 km away by road and will be a treat for sore eyes. The city is renowned for its lush gardens and possesses a plethora of tourist attractions.

11/07/2014 12:02

Education gives freedom; a child who did not have gained education is just like a little bird without wings. Education teaches them ways and tactics to survive in this world.

11/24/2014 04:01

Horosoft, Astrology Program, based on Indian native Astrology, can be a flaw-less computer software getting obtained worldwide subject, particularly it’s ‘Web Edition’ offering facility to the web sites to offer online astrological organizations. Their Expert Release several. 0 caters to the full fledged prerequisites involving specialist astrologers by providing exact astrological computations,

11/24/2014 04:02

Have you possibly hear with the refractive get hold of trade? It usually is should a contact in eyes really is taken out a little procedure and as well changed which includes a clean, outside place a proper. This outside place get hold of that’s granted really is customized near private specific features:

11/24/2014 04:02

Dell Battery power Latitude E6400 E6410 E6500 E6510 Element M2400 M4400 M4500 Battery packs had ended up being the fact is the most important chargeable notebook battery power whenever. Businesses revered the dog considering the fact that benefit got sensibly tiny additionally they had ended up being made up of a more significant proficiency.

Everybody has the point in his life, and he is ambitious to satisfy his point. Anyway for this he ought to buckle down and tries his hardest, doubtlessly he will get success in not so distant future and discover everything which he needs throughout his life and turn into the successful man of the community where he exists.

12/08/2014 22:27

That was a beautiful thing happened to you. A key chain that too a promotional key chain of your fathers business. It's definitely the best thing in the world which really makes one happy to receive such thing. That was a good share pal, simply incredible.

12/18/2014 04:07

You happen to be excellent to write excellent tips in your post. All students enjoy writing extended stories and essays that makes them good inside their producing expertise. This helps those to make the inexpensive essay plus a tale for educative tournaments.

12/19/2014 22:31

Exceed expectations has the fundamental peculiarities of all spreadsheets, utilizing a framework of cells organized in numbered lines and letter-named sections to sort out information controls like math operations. It has a battery of supplied capacities to answer factual, designing and monetary needs.