It's been a few weeks, and I am still thinking about a kind gesture.  A friend had been poking through an estate sale and found this, a promotional key chain advertising my father's business, circa 1976. She mailed it to me, and when it fell from the envelope into my lap, I was surprised at the aspects I noticed.

In addition to learning that Ritepoint was a US-based company, I also remembered the difficulty of breaking apart the keychain's two pieces.  I was maybe 3 or 4 years old, and I lacked the finger power to press the pieces apart. I'd picked one from the box on the shop countertop, and the pieces were too stiff for my tiny hands.

I remember feeling very frustrated.

Now, I can easily detach the pieces, and as I fiddled with the two sections in my living room, snapping them together and pulling them apart, it seemed very strange to suddenly have a clear memory where moments before, there was none.  But, there it was. I recalled the shop's interior--the smell of oil and the clutter of small engine parts.  I remembered balancing on my knees atop a stool, and I remembered reaching for the keychains in the box.   Someone, likely my mother or father, showed me how the key chain worked, but despite my best efforts, I recall the tears at not being able to do it myself.

There's a lesson here.  Several, actually.

1) A random kindness can significantly alter a person's perspective.
2) Memory is a spongy, flexible thing.
3) Frustration has a way of resolving itself with time.

Challenge:  Think of something unexpected and kind to do for someone.  Do it.  See what happens.

Comments

01/20/2014 05:50

Good topic selected for writing.

I am unable to thank you enough for the blog posts on your web page.

02/14/2014 02:20

Thank you, I have lately been looking for information about this topic.

I’ve come across some excellent stuff here.

03/13/2014 03:14

Technology makes our life very simple and now we can easily get the solution for everything from internet. I am very happy to announce and we are helping many students who are facing the problem in education. Just contact with us and get the study related solutions and I hope you will refer it to your friends also.

03/15/2014 07:31

Kiosks are amazingly critical to put on your records throughout function and addresses. Yet the greater parts of organizations have their own particular prerequisites as a result of the distinctive status of representatives. Assuming that you were searching for Kiosks at particular size you will contact us. We will provide you kiosks.

03/27/2014 23:36

When you make a good income after every month by salary then it is important to manage it to complete your month without any problem. The wealth management orange county has the best option in this situation. They will make a map of your income and manage it.

I read all the post and also keep the lesson in my mind. I am very happy with your information and this stuff will be helpful for every person. If you have any new idea then you can share with us.

04/07/2014 04:37

There is a good article you shared about your dad Keychain advertising company. And share the some interesting memories about your childhood how you have broken the Keychain.

04/07/2014 06:33

It’s amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often.

04/08/2014 04:12

That is a good article you have chosen for article writing. That is very good. The thoughtfulness is the niche topic you selected. You share your memories with us when you are a child.

04/09/2014 22:32

In psychology, frustration is a common emotional response to opposition. It is related to anger and disappointment; it arises from the perceived resistance to the fulfillment of individual will. The person must have the coolest mind; in frustration we cannot find the solution of the problem.

04/10/2014 05:43

Thank you, you have the wonderful writing skill. And you sure you some secret when you are a child. And the frustration relates to the anger and disappointment. But with the passage of time the frustration is going and doing the work very easily.

04/12/2014 04:16

I like this blog.

04/18/2014 05:29

Fashion is the lifeline for many people so having a good colorful pair of the contact lenses is great for you to have a great look and people will love to be with you and want to spend time with you. These lenses always look attractive and provide the best stylish look.